dimanche 12 janvier 2014

2 days

This week, as I wore more or less the same kind of outfit over 2 days, it made me realize that even if I have the occasional and short-lived ambition to turn myself into la femme APC/ Céline/Dries van Noten/Isabel Marant, I always go back to my basic winter casual city looks which consist in the:
  • Same boots (Acne "Pistol"), because when I don't feel like wearing flats or sneakers, these tough cookies inject a dose of subdued trendiness with an ideal walkable height;
  • Same bag (Céline Trio), because it's so liberating to hold on to just the minimum and not having to deal or sometimes even "battle" with bag handles ;
  • Same kind of all-purpose oversize black coat (Comptoir des Cotonniers  or Isabel Marant Etoile), because it adds edge and sharpness to any outfit but it's also the easy go with everything winter cover-up;
  • Same old clothes meets up (brand) new because it's so exciting to wear old favorites season after season and mix them up with new loves;
  • Same kind of boyish silhouette because I'll never be a dainty princess.
Do you have a same old winter outfit?


striped sweater/pull rayé: Zara - striped tee underneath/tshirt rayé en-dessous : New Look - jeans : Isabel Marant - boots: Acne Studios - coat/manteau: Comptoir des Cotonniers - scarf/écharpe: Dries van Noten



pull/sweater + boots : Acne Studios - jeans: Uniqlo - coat/ manteau: Isabel Marant Etoile - scarf/écharpe: Dries van Noten- bag/sac: Céline


13 commentaires:

  1. Both of these outfits look great, and you look comfortable. That's all that matters.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! Comfort's the ultimate goal, always, but feeling good also helps!

      Supprimer
  2. Lovely! Being a dainty princess is too uncomfortable, no?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I guess I don't have the luxury of being a dainty princess! Haha! It would certainly be another story if I had a chauffeured town car to drop me off at work, not that I would need to work mind you!

      Supprimer
  3. I love your jeans in the first picture. Do you know where I could find a pair?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I got these jeans a while ago but lots of brands do the "slouchy skinny" style, a Google search should bring a few names. I would check Gap because they had a model like that last season. Rag & Bone, R13 also do that cut for sure but it's pricier...

      Supprimer
  4. i think your uniform faves are very APC / Celine though - exactly for the reasons you cite :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ah that's sweet! I don't feel "legit" though! Haha!

      Supprimer
  5. You know I love roomy pockets where I can put a book or an umbrella if needed! That's less weight in the bag and on my shoulders, even if I guess it's not really stylish or recommended for outerwear. Haha!
    Completely agree with your work outfits approach! Keeping it simple and uniform-like is less demanding, nerve wracking and time consuming.
    I usually also prepare my work outfit the night before so I don't leave the house with mismatched socks and embarrassing stuff like that...

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Love both these outfits - they are casual and cool. I would wear both of these in a heartbeat. Why just the other day I wore an Acne sweater, skinny jeans, and my Pistols;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. you look chic as usual and i love your new hair do! (ah oui..avec un peu de retard, je vous souhaite une bonne année!)

    http://nearnessofdistance.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer