mercredi 9 octobre 2013

Flight

I haven't traveled a lot lately so getting ready to fly away doesn't come spontaneously:
I forgot to check the validity of my passport which expired therefore made me stress and run around town like a fool headless chicken, 
I don't know what to wear for the plane,
I, at least, know what I'll bring: swimming and running gear, some barely stored away summer clothes and Birks. I'm sure I'll forget something.
Oh and I just dashed to the supermarket to find a proper suitcase.

Anyway, I took to Polyvore to think about my conundrum: leaving 11 ° C Paris with a chance of rain and heading to tropical 30 ° C Cotonou. All the while remaining comfortable for the flight and chic enough for my self-esteem.

First optimistic combination - I didn't know then that temperatures would drop so significatively by friday over France - included a trench, simple tshirt, jeans and sneakers. I don't think that will be an option. I don't want to freeze for the sake of a good outfit. 
And before you ask, no I don't have a Trio. It's a virtual outfit so I fulfilled a fantasy.


Airport #1


A second more realistic approach, considering the weather forecast, now features a coat (miiine, my precious) and a warmer knit. The long sleeved cotton or linen shirt would be ideal on arrival for protection against evening mosquitoes and still light enough (I hope) to survive the heat.


Airport #2


Third and fourth looks, maybe slightly more "refined" ensembles would include dark grey jeans and ballet flats.


Airport #3




Airport # 4


What do you think ? Any advice?


6 commentaires:

  1. I hope you have a great time! Outfit four seems like the most comfortable to me, but that depends on your length of flight I suppose.

    I experience the reverse when I travel - I go from hot to cold. I usually depend on my most comfortable jeans or a pair of good, solid leggings that I can wear with a long-ish t-shirt, and then I bring a sweater (thickness depends on how cold it is on arrival), a scarf, and I wear sneakers. I usually leave the coat in the suitcase and unglamorously unpack it when I reach the airport to put it on. I won't wear a shirt on a flight unless it's about 2 hours...I don't have the gift of arriving wrinkle-free! And ballet flats seem like a risky choice if you expect cold weather....socks are a safer bet, and it doesnt really add extra weight. I maintain that sneakers can be very chic :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks for your input Lin! Followed your advice regarding footwear so final outfit will be a mix of look 4 and 2: Striped tee, mohair knit, jeans, sneakers and short coat.

      Supprimer
  2. I would say outfit 4. I think the trick to traveling between different climates is to layer. When i travel I almost always wear comfortable jeans, a t-shirt, a cardigan and a scarf. You can always take the scarf and cardigan off once you arrive in the warmer weather but not freeze to death on the plane. If you are taking the RER to CDG you don't really need a warm coat since you won't have to go outside and not traveling with a coat simplifies things immensely. So you might just want to take your trench. But I do love a good trainer. Those New Balance are killer! Have a great time!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Indeed I'm taking the RER to CDG ! Crossing fingers that there are no "incident technique / voyageur" on the line.
      I'll wear my Bator though. I wore it today and I was so glad I did. It's gotten so cold in a few hours... I think I'm leaving at the right time! Haha!

      Supprimer
  3. I'd go for the final option. Since you only need the warmth on the home end, you won't end up with too much bulk on the vacation end. Just imagine carrying that lovely new Marant coat through a hot airport.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks for the input. I finally went for my od Marant coat/jacket and jeggings with sneakers. It was a very comfy outfit and practical as well.

      Supprimer